This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual to join a successful company, developing key skills which will lead to a rewarding administration career. This company is based in Markham Vale
Closing date: 08 Feb 2019
- Weekly wage
- Working week
Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
14 Feb 2019
- Date posted
12 Dec 2018
- Apprenticeship level
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number
The apprentice will assist File Handlers with the daily management of membership files, ensuring files are kept up to date with accurate information and are managed in good time and in accordance with set deadlines. The apprentice will also assist management with ongoing membership projects
The apprentice is also responsible for providing clerical and administrative duties to senior and middle management in an effective and efficient manner.
- Day to day assistance with membership files;
- Assist with membership enquiries and ongoing projects;
- Meeting KPI targets on membership files as set by management;
- Daily enquiries via email, post and telephone;
- Perform general office duties, such as maintaining records, database & management systems, and performing basic administrative tasks as required;
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other documents as required.
A full Job Description is available upon request.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- An excellent telephone manner
- IT Skills including Excel, Word and Email
- Good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Team working skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious whilst displaying common sense and flexibility in supporting all staff
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Flexible in approach to both the role and approach to tasks
- Honest and trustworthy
- Able to communicate effectively
GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above in English, maths and ICT
Long term career opportunities are available with this employer and progression opportunities
Things to consider
- This is a monthly paid post
- You will receive 20 days’ holiday a year plus Bank Holidays
About the employer
UKATA is a membership organisation. They set standards in asbestos training and ensures that its members meet those standards.
It is legal requirement that all who may come across asbestos in their day to day work have been provided with asbestos awareness training. If they will intentionally work on asbestos they must have had appropriate training specific to the tasks they will undertake.
Any organisation that allows builders or maintenance personnel onto their premises should ensure that they have evidence of asbestos awareness training. UKATA provides a quality standard for that training.
When asbestos is to be worked upon deliberately, using a UKATA member to provide that training ensures that the training provider has the facilities, knowledge and experience to properly undertake that training.
UK Asbestos Training Association Ltd
Markham Vale Environment Centre, Office 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Business and Administration
- Functional skills in English, maths, and ICT (if applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Business and Administration
EAST MIDLANDS CHAMBER (DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, LEICESTERSHIRE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce