This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven, and passionate individual to join a successful company, developing key skills which will lead to a rewarding administration career. This company is based in Markham Vale.
Closing date: 08 Feb 2019
- Weekly wage
- Working week
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Total hours per week: 37.50
- Expected duration
- Possible start date
14 Feb 2019
- Date posted
12 Dec 2018
- Apprenticeship level
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Reference number
The apprentice will assist with the daily management of all company social media platforms, ensuring social accounts are adequately monitored and updated.
The apprentice will also assist with event planning, exhibitions, merchandise, brand awareness and all other marketing activities.
The apprentice is also responsible for providing clerical and administrative duties to Management in an effective and efficient manner.
Main duties to include:
- day-to-day assistance with social media platforms
- assist with marketing activities and ongoing projects
- help to plan and promote company events and exhibitions
- research and monitor brand compliance issues
- actively promote the company brand to a wider audience
- daily enquiries via email, post and telephone
- perform general office duties, such as maintaining records, database and management systems, and performing basic administrative tasks as required
- prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents as required
A full job description is available upon request.
Requirements and prospects
- attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- an excellent telephone manner
- social media knowledge and experience
- IT skills including Excel, Word, and e-mail
- good interpersonal, communication,and organisational skills
- team working skills
- reliable, enthusiastic, and conscientious whilst displaying common sense and flexibility in supporting all staff
- highly motivated to succeed
- flexible in approach to both the role and approach to tasks
- honest and trustworthy
- able to communicate effectively
GCSEs (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above, to include English, maths, and ICT.
Long term career opportunities are available with this employer and progression opportunities.
Things to consider
This is a monthly paid post.
You will receive 20 days’ holiday a year, plus Bank Holidays.
The National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour from the 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24, and £7.83 for those over 25.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
UKATA is a membership organisation. They set standards in asbestos training and ensures that its members meet those standards.
It is legal requirement that all who may come across asbestos in their day to day work have been provided with asbestos awareness training. If they will intentionally work on asbestos they must have had appropriate training specific to the tasks they will undertake.
Any organisation that allows builders or maintenance personnel onto their premises should ensure that they have evidence of asbestos awareness training. UKATA provides a quality standard for that training.
When asbestos is to be worked upon deliberately, using a UKATA member to provide that training ensures that the training provider has the facilities, knowledge and experience to properly undertake that training.
UK Asbestos Training Association Ltd
Markham Vale Environment Centre, Office 2
- Level 3 Diploma in Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills (where applicable)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will receive a combination of on- and off-the-job training to give you the skills, knowledge, and understanding to gain a Level 3 Diploma in Social Media for a Business.
Where you do not have GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C/9-4 in a relevant subject, you will work towards Functional Skills in English, maths, and ICT.
You will be required to undertake off-the-job training on a day release basis at the nearest Chamber offices a maximum of once a week and minimum of once a month.
The company will provide extensive on-the-job training along with online training.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
EAST MIDLANDS CHAMBER (DERBYSHIRE, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE, LEICESTERSHIRE)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire Chamber Commerce