Bradley Environmental Consultants Ltd are excited to announce that as a result of the continued success of their teams nationally, they are currently recruiting for a Trainee Asbestos Surveyor to join their team in St Asaph.
Due to their continued growth and national client portfolio of partners, Bradley Environmental Consultants are looking for enthusiastic and loyal individuals to join their Technical Team to carry out site work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role will initially involve shadowing a team of experienced asbestos surveyors. Should the candidate show good aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, they will be given an opportunity to undertake nationally recognised qualifications to become an Asbestos Surveyor.
Some travel to other locations will be required due to national contracts. Manual handling, working at height and in confined spaces may also be required. All work is conducted in a safe manner and full training and supervision will be given.
The successful candidate must also possess the following:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English (A Levels, Degree or equivalent would be an advantage)
- An understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and first rate customer service
- Accurate report writing skills
- Ability to work within the team and under own initiative
- A commitment to study in order to understand the legislative and quality requirements to pass a written exam, as well as being able to develop skills needed to pass practical exam(s)
- A flexible approach to working hours as evening and weekend work may be required
- Full driving license
- Be willing to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure (cost will be met by the company)
- Construction site or trades experience would be an advantage (but not essential)
What Can Bradley Environmental Consultants Ltd Offer You:
- Starting salary of £21,840.00 rising to circa £22,859.00 once qualified and authorised
- Industry leading overtime policy, including a generous out of hours policy
- Work-life balance guarantee, including time in lieu flexible working week
- Paid travel time
- Company paid healthcare plan
- Company pension (into which the company contributes 3% of qualifying earnings
- 22 days' holiday per annum (which rises to 25 after 3 years and 27 days after 5 years) plus the 8 statutory bank holidays
The successful candidate will also be given the opportunity to undertake nationally recognised qualifications and to develop with their role and within the company.
A company vehicle may also be made available for the successful candidate who shows potential and progression and the salary will be further increased as qualifications and authorisations are gained.
Published on Monday 20th June 2022