Bradley Environmental Consultants are excited to announce that as a result of the continued success of their teams nationally, they are currently recruiting for a Trainee Laboratory Analyst and Technical Support. Due to their growing national client portfolio of Partners, Bradley Environmental Consultants are looking for enthusiastic and loyal individuals to join their technical team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be taught to identify asbestos in samples of building materials within their busy UKAS accredited laboratory. The work is safe and requires patience, concentration and the use of a microscope. Full training will be given leading to a nationally recognised qualification. This role also requires a commitment to study in order to understand the legislative and quality requirements to pass a written exam, as well as gaining laboratory skills needed to pass a practical exam.
The role will also involve data input, keeping spreadsheets up to date, client and tenant liaison, quoting for works, booking appointments into surveyors online diaries, assisting the technical management team where necessary and dealing with incoming calls.
The successful candidate must also possess the following:
- 5 GCSE's including Maths and English
- Have demonstrable administrative experience
- Be looking for a long term career with the company (candidates looking for temporary work and previous applicants need not apply)
- Good eyesight with or without glasses and good colour vision is required
- A laboratory or scientific background and experience of using a microscope would be an advantage but not essential
- The candidate must be computer literate with Microsoft Word and Excel experience and be able to adapt to specific online systems
- The candidate must possess a good attention to detail, be organised and be able to interpret technical data.
What Bradley Can Offer You:
The hours of work are 37.5 per week Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
Competitive training level salary of £20,085.00 rising to £20,670.00 per annum when qualified and authorised. Training usually takes 3-6 months. Further increments will be rewarded in line with development. In addition, the benefits include company paid healthcare (long-service award applies), company pension into which the company contributes 3% of qualifying earnings, 22 days' holiday (long-service award applies) plus 8 statutory bank holidays and contractual sick pay.
Published on Tuesday 5th July 2022