In March 2019, the UK Asbestos Training Association became a Certified Disability Confident Employer under the Department for Work & Pensions Disability Confident Scheme.
The Disability Confident scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to your workplace. The scheme aims to help employers successfully recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. Being Disability Confident is a unique opportunity to lead the way in your community.
It was developed by employers’ and disabled people’s representatives to make it rigorous but easily accessible – particularly for smaller businesses.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer UKATA has committed to:
- ensuring the recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- communicating and promoting vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Disability Confident organisations play a leading role in changing attitudes for the better. They’re changing behaviour and cultures in their own businesses, networks and communities.
The scheme helps employers:
- draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- secure high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that you treat all employees fairly
- It also helps customers and other businesses identify those employers who are committed to equality in the workplace.
To learn more about how you can become Disability confident see: