The Mavis Nye Foundation was created to inspire victims of mesothelioma, an asbestos related terminal Cancer.
To give hope to fellow victims and show a light at the end of the tunnel.
In sharing a brief story of her journey, Mavis hopes to dispel some of the fear and myths.
Charity aims and objectives
- The relief of financial hardship by providing aid to those persons in the United Kingdom requiring assistance to access medical treatment, in particular experimental medical treatment, and:
- The advancement of laboratory and clinical research in the United Kingdom for the treatment of mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases for the public benefit and the dissemination of the useful results of that research.
- To assist in the treatment and case of persons suffering from Mesothelioma in particular, but not eclusively, by awarding scholarships or grants tenable at any British University of Institution of higher education for health professionals in financial need and endeavouring to work primarily in the field of Mesothelioma nursing in the United Kingdom.
How this will be achieved
- Make grants to individuals
- Provide advocacy / advise / information
- Sponsors or undertakes research